On August 15, the Solemnity of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary, three Sisters of Christian Charity — Sister Monique Eloizard, Sister Regina Bathalon and Sister Luiza Simon — made their perpetual profession of vows during a Eucharistic Liturgy at the Chapel of Mary Immaculate, Mallinckrodt Convent, in Mendham, New Jersey. Most Rev. Alfred A. Schlert, Bishop of Allentown, was the celebrant. The Sisters made their vows into the hands of Sister Maria del Rosario Castro, General Superior of the Sisters of Christian Charity.
One of the three Sisters, Sister Monique Eloizard, has been assigned to serve as a guidance counselor at Bishop McDevitt High School in Harrisburg.
Sister Monique was born in Port-au-Prince, Haiti, and graduated from Nottingham-North Star High School in Hamilton, New Jersey. She entered the Sisters of Christian Charity from Our Lady of Sorrows-Saint Anthony Parish in Hamilton, New Jersey. Sister Monique received a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. She previously served at St. Elizabeth-St. Brigid Parish in Peapack, New Jersey.
Sister Regina Bathalon was born in Fort Sam Houston, Texas, and now teaches fifth grade at NativityMiguel School of Scranton, Pennsylvania. Sister Luiza Simon was born in Manila, Philippines, and will be ministering at Margaretha Home for the Blind in Quezon City, Philippines.
The Sisters of Christian Charity were founded in 1849 in Paderborn, Germany, by Blessed Pauline von Mallinckrodt. They are an international community with Sisters serving in the United States, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Germany and the Philippines.
In the United States, the Sisters of Christian Charity serve in the Archdioceses of Newark, NJ; New York, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Chicago, IL and New Orleans, LA; and in the Dioceses of Camden, Metuchen and Paterson (in New Jersey), the Dioceses of Allentown, Harrisburg and Scranton (in Pennsylvania), the Diocese of Toledo, Ohio and the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia.
(Photo courtesy of the Sisters of Christian Charity.)