Bishop Ronald Gainer has made the following clergy appointments:
Effective November 19, 2022:
- Reverend Steven J. Arena from Parochial Vicar, Good Shepherd Parish in Camp Hill to Parochial Vicar, St. Catherine Labouré Parish in Harrisburg.
Effective November 30, 2022:
- At the presentation of the Very Reverend Modestus Ngwu, O.P., Prior Provincial of the Province of Saint Joseph the Worker, Nigeria and Ghana: Reverend Benedict Faneye, O.P., has been reassigned by his religious community to ministry outside the Diocese of Harrisburg.
Effective December 1, 2022:
- At the presentation of the Reverend Augustine Idra, A.J., Regional Superior of the Apostles of Jesus, the Reverend Charles Ocul, A.J., from Hospital Chaplain, York Hospital, York, to Hospital Chaplain, Geisinger Medical Center, Danville.
Effective December 3, 2022:
- Reverend Michael E. Messner from part-time Parochial Vicar, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Enola and Hospital Chaplain, UPMC West Shore and Penn State Health, Hampden Medical Center, to Medical Leave of Absence, Priest Retirement Center, Harrisburg.
Effective December 17, 2022:
- Reverend Joseph R. Howard from Replacement Ministry to part-time Parochial Vicar, Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Enola and Hospital Chaplain, UPMC West Shore and Penn State Health, Hampden Medical Center.
Effective at the end of the 2022-2023 academic year:
- Reverend Monsignor William J. King, J.C.D., Vice Rector of Mount St. Mary’s Seminary in Emmitsburg, Md., to full-time Faculty of Canon Law, Catholic University of America, Washington, D.C.